Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love on the go cooking- since I have a on the go family
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 envelope good seasons Italian salad dressing mix (any flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced drained
- place chicken in crock pot on the bottom combine salad dressing and water, pour in pot cook on low 3 hours mix soup, cream cheese and mushrooms pour on top of chicken.
- cook 1 hour more until chicken is done serve over rice or pasta.
I don't know what I would do without my crockpot, and I'm always looking for good recipes. This one was great and was a hit with my husband. I am on a somewhat strict diet, so I made some substitutions. I used fat free cream cheese and 98% fat free cream of celery (the store was sold out of cream of chicken, it was like the Twighlight Zone). Next time I will use fresh mushrooms because we love them. This is a great "on the go" recipe!
I really enjoyed this dish! I also used 98% fat free creams of chicken, and 1/2 as much low fat cream cheese. Thank you for the great recipe, and I will continue to add to it. Maybe broccoli and onions next time.