Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is reported to work well in the Proctor-Silex Super Shooter or Super Shooter Plus cookie presses. It may be refrigerated to make dough stiffer if necessary for other cookie presses. I lost my recipe book that came with the Super Shooter and found other spritz cookie recipes to be too stiff or too sticky to work in my machine. I found this recipe through a google search at www.familyeducation.com/whatworks.
- 1 cup margarine (softened) or 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Place dough in cookie press.
- Press cookikes out onto a COOL cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with jimmies or colored sugar or place a"red hot" candy or a "mini-M&M" candy in the center of each cookie.
- Watch them closely while baking and don't let them brown.
- Bake about 6-9 minutes, remember, do NOT brown.
This is a great press recipe and yes it is a little sticky, but the end result is too marvelous to pass up because of that. I loved mine, and will post a pic. Thank you for sharing.
Just the right consistancy for my battery operated Super Shooter. A diffent keeper. Thanks
Very good cookies! Very light and crumbly!