Recipe by Sherrybeth
From a local cooking show.
Top Review by MichaelShear
Good recipe. My wife enjoyed it. To me there was something missing. I did not us peppers, instead I put mushrooms in and I also mixed in crab with the shrimp. Served with refried beans and spanish rice as well. Put it all in a high fiber tortilla with some lettuce and cheese and they were filling. I will continue to use this recipe and alter it until I figure out what is missing.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and thinly sliced (or bell peppers)
- warm flour tortilla
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- sour cream, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all seasonings and mix well.
- Take out 1 tbsp for later use.
- Combine the seasoning blend with 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic and shrimp.
- Toss to mix well. Set aside.
- Heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil in skillet and saute onions until softened.
- Add peppers and continue to saute until tender.
- Sprinkle the reserved tablespoon of seasoning blend over vegetables and stir to mix well.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet and set aside. Add shrimp to skillet and cook until shrimp are cooked through.
- This will only take about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the vegetables back into the skillet and toss to combine.
- Serve in warm tortillas with cilantro, juice of lime, and sour cream.