Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a local cooking show.
Make and share this Super Savory Shrimp Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and thinly sliced (or bell peppers)
- warm flour tortilla
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- sour cream, for garnish
- Combine all seasonings and mix well.
- Take out 1 tbsp for later use.
- Combine the seasoning blend with 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic and shrimp.
- Toss to mix well. Set aside.
- Heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil in skillet and saute onions until softened.
- Add peppers and continue to saute until tender.
- Sprinkle the reserved tablespoon of seasoning blend over vegetables and stir to mix well.
- Remove the vegetables from the skillet and set aside. Add shrimp to skillet and cook until shrimp are cooked through.
- This will only take about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the vegetables back into the skillet and toss to combine.
- Serve in warm tortillas with cilantro, juice of lime, and sour cream.
Good recipe. My wife enjoyed it. To me there was something missing. I did not us peppers, instead I put mushrooms in and I also mixed in crab with the shrimp. Served with refried beans and spanish rice as well. Put it all in a high fiber tortilla with some lettuce and cheese and they were filling. I will continue to use this recipe and alter it until I figure out what is missing.
Super awesome fajita recipe for after a sunshiny day at the beach in Baja, Maui or anywhere else that puts you in a tropical mood! I grilled all my peppers, onions and shrimp in a grill basket. Mild fish soaked in the marinade was killer, too. Out of this world with pico de gallo salsa and some spicy mango salsa (I made both 'cause the marinade inspired me to!)
These were totally delicious! I used raw shrimp that had been frozen. I also let mine marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge. It was very easy and everyone enjoyed it. Don't let the long list of ingredients deter you from trying this wonderful dish! Thanks for posting.