Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
No eggs? No problem! This is my own adaption of my favorite eggless banana bread recipe. It's very moist and full of flavor. You won't miss the eggs a bit.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or to taste. I like to add a little less.)
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first five ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas well with an electric mixer.
- Beat in the butter or margarine, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt into the bananas.
- Add the banana mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix gently by hand, just enough to form a thick, clumpy batter. If mixture seems too dry, add more mashed banana to adjust the consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the bread is a deep golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.