Recipe by Kaarin
These really are moist and delicious. The secret ingredient is mashed potato, but you really won't taste it. These have less flour and are not overly sweet.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 medium potato, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, sugars, potato, vanilla and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Bake in a 9x9 inch pan at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool, cut into squares and drizzle with icing.
- For icing: Melt the chocolate and butter. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in enough milk to make of icing consistency.