Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These really are moist and delicious. The secret ingredient is mashed potato, but you really won't taste it. These have less flour and are not overly sweet.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 medium potato, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Combine oil, sugars, potato, vanilla and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Bake in a 9x9 inch pan at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool, cut into squares and drizzle with icing.
- For icing: Melt the chocolate and butter. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in enough milk to make of icing consistency.