Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great base recipe for adding any extras, like chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, etc - it's forgiving. I've made this a million times in a million different ways, and my scrap of a recipe is now covered in dried flecks of batter acquired over the years...so posting for safekeeping and sharing! I always use the mix of brown and white sugar, and my favorites to make are a walnut/golden raisin variety, and a chocolate chip/blueberry variety, just for a few hints. Of course, it's delicious plain as well! Enjoy!
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar (can substitute 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (instead of oil, this is what adds the great moisture)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup nuts or 1⁄2 cup dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees,
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Crack eggs into a bowl.
- Add milk.
- Mash the bananas into it with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients EXCEPT optional ingredients and mix well.
- Add your choice of optoinal ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for one hour.