Recipe by Thierry Schwartz
I've been making this recipe for years. My wife and kids just love it. It's even better the next day for sandwiches. It's siple to make and you can modify it to your liking. Super low in carbs also.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix everything in a large bowl (except the bacon).
- On a piece of wax paper spread out the mixture to form a rectangle about 10" wide. Layer the bacon across the top of the mixture. Starting on one end roll the mixture up like a burrito. Place the rolled up meatloaf seam down in a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or untill a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees. Drain the fat and let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with a fresh salad or smash potatoes and green beans.