Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make healthy burgers out of canned tuna, and spice them up with a lemon garlic mayonnaise! Use whole wheat sandwich thins and low fat mayonnaise to bring this down to 250 calories per burger.
- Sautee garlic in pan until brown.
- Combine garlic, lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Combine tuna, scallions, bell pepper and eggs in a bowl.
- Separate tuna mixture into 8 patties.
- Grill patties.
- Put a patty on each sandwich thin with about a tbsp of the mayonnaise mixture.
- Note: You may want to put the tuna in a sieve with something heavy on top for a couple of hours to get it to drain, otherwise it's harder to get these burgers to stick together.
A tasty burger that is healthier then the tuna burgers I have enjoyed in the past. I made as written and we were both surprised at what a nice tasty accent the garlic mayo was to the tuna. The only thing I would do different next time is to make a little mayo as we had quite a bit left. Thanks for the post.
This was pretty good. I wasn't to interested in tuna burgers but they turned out great. I put in ritz crackers to bind but it was still watery. I cooked on the griddle and even though they fell apart, we scooped it up with a fork and ate everything together. we also had some salad greens on the burger.
This were nice and tasty. I do think that a binding agent is needed as did tend to fall apart. Made for PAC 2012.