Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I don't like a plain ol' can of spaghetti sauce on my pasta, but I don't really have the patience or skill to make my own from scratch. So how about a nice compromise? No one will recognize this as stuff from a jar after you add your own touches! Here's how I make my own healthy, delicious sauce. (Try it on cooked spaghetti squash for a nice change!) **Make sure you use SPAGHETTI sauce. If you use plain tomato sauce, you will definitely lack flavor. Spaghetti sauce should already have seasoning in it.
- Dump your jars of sauce in a big pot, and begin simmering them on a back burner.
- In a frying pan, brown the ground turkey. (You can use ground beef, too, but turkey is usually healthier and no one knows the difference once it's cooked into the sauce. Italian sausage would be good, too!).
- Add cooked meat to sauce.
- In the frying pan, add your vegetables. Cook until tender, and add to the sauce.
- Let the sauce simmer to mix the flavors, and when you're ready: ENJOY!