I got this recipe from a friend in the States. It's so easy, and really good, but you should limit servings or you'll be wiping your guests off the floor!
- CAKE: Mix the above together and bake in a prepared bundt pan for 1 hour at 325 F.
- GLAZE: Boil the water, butter and sugar together for 5 minutes.
- Add the rum and drizzle this over the HOT rum cake until it is all absorved.
- It helps to punch holes in the cake with a fork--gently now.
- Let this cool before serving.
This was excellent! I took the advice from Hybrid Cookin' and added the 1/4 whiskey to the batter! GOOOOD!
Great recipe. Didn't use the vanilla wafers. Added 1/2 cup nuts to the bottom of the bundt pan. Delicious and a nice presentation. If you're having young ones as guests take care to boil the glaze adequately or you may have tipsy toddlers!
i learned this recipe from the mother of my sweetheart... Here in Jamaica rum is a standard ingredient in many desserts and dishes - THIS is one of the easiest and best! She adds an add'l 1/4 cup of whiskey to the batter for flavor... i have made it myself and it's more rich than you'd think considering how easy it is to make - Can You Say DEEELICIOUS???!!!