These are a family pleasing easy work night side dish anyone can make! I approximate my measurements as I tend to be heavy handed and don't measure but did my best to estimate everything. ;) We also like potatoes a lot and leftovers. ;) ***It came to my attention that I failed to mention a step - basting is always a good idea as you have time. ;)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter (I like Imperial) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (I like Imperial)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (whatever you have in the fridge or are serving with dinner) or 1⁄4 cup beer, approx. to taste (whatever you have in the fridge or are serving with dinner)
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic, to taste (Spice World refrigerated from Costco)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cleaned potatoes and all liquids and spices in covered baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, basting periodically as you have time, or until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork (varies depending on size of potatoes).
- Cool 5 minutes and serve - great with any grilled or bakes meat dish - especially pork, beef and salmon!
I quartered the potatoes and used half butter, half olive oil instead of all butter. It came out exactly what I was picturing, and went beautifully with my Easter lamb dinner.
Super great red potatoes! I quartered mine and used olive oil. Also added a fair amount of parsley flakes-I love the contrast of green on red.
Great on the grill! I chunked the potatoes, dumped all in a square aluminum disposable pan and set on the grill uncovered, then moved it to a higher rack when soft. The potatoes crisped nicely, and the flavor was very good. Used wine, did not use the dill, will next time. So little work with such good results. . . . Janet