Recipe by Shelley Lee
These beef tips come out so tender and the gravy is perfect! Serve over hot rice. Or, stir in a cup of sour cream at the end, heat through and serve over noodles - Stroganoff! You can mix and match your seasonings to your own taste! Delicious!
- 1 lb beef tips or 1 lb lean stew meat
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix or 1 (2 ounce) package onion and mushroom soup mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 soup can water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder together and sprinkle over stew meat. Stir to coat.
- Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker until barely smoking. Add meat and sear quickly, keeping heat up enough to form a nice crust on all sides of the meat. Add sliced mushrooms about halfway through, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- When meat is nicely browned, mix mushroom soup, water and soup mix and pour over meat. Stir to combine.
- Cover pressure cooker and slowly bring to pressure to avoid scorching the gravy. Cook for 20 minutes. Use quick release method to depressurize cooker.
- Serve over hot rice.