Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These beef tips come out so tender and the gravy is perfect! Serve over hot rice. Or, stir in a cup of sour cream at the end, heat through and serve over noodles - Stroganoff! You can mix and match your seasonings to your own taste! Delicious!
- 1 lb beef tips or 1 lb lean stew meat
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix or 1 (2 ounce) package onion and mushroom soup mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 soup can water
- Mix salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder together and sprinkle over stew meat. Stir to coat.
- Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker until barely smoking. Add meat and sear quickly, keeping heat up enough to form a nice crust on all sides of the meat. Add sliced mushrooms about halfway through, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- When meat is nicely browned, mix mushroom soup, water and soup mix and pour over meat. Stir to combine.
- Cover pressure cooker and slowly bring to pressure to avoid scorching the gravy. Cook for 20 minutes. Use quick release method to depressurize cooker.
- Serve over hot rice.