Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my kids' preschool's cookbook. Great when you have a Superbowl Party or a BBQ.
- 2 (8 1/4 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 scallion, chopped, bulb removed (about 4 shoots)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, slices and drained
- In a medium pyrex or other oven-proof bowl, layer the ingredients beginning with the beans and ending with the olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Absolutely perfect! Followed this exactly ~ except oh no! I only managed to find (1) can of refried beans and darn it, they were refried black beans. But if this is any indication this is fabulous, either way. I made this for a pre/Superbowl party, and it was bubbling happily in the oven. Took out, let it sit for 5 minutes, and was wonderful. All gone, in no time flat. Not to spicy, not to dull, just perfect. Absolutely perfect. Thank you Oolala!
This is a very tasty dip! The only problem I had was my own doing! I put 2 large cans of refried beans in not looking closely to the recipe...good thing all of us love refried beans...I will make this again...with less beans!! Thanks for a great recipe!!
Wonderful dip! Made for opening weekend for fishing at the lake. Everyone just waved on how delicious this dip was. I used Basic Refried Beans and Fresh Salsa and I also used 2 avocados. I did serve this cold and was delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!