Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Crunchy on the outside, and tender on the inside with just a hint of garlic, this easy to make dinner goes perfectly with a nice green salad and/or some roasted potatoes. Recipe adapted from one I found on the back of a frozen fish filet package some years ago. ***note*** You may substitute low fat caesar dressing if you are watching calories.
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons caesar salad dressing (creamy)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 ounces salmon fillets (four 4 oz fillets, fresh or frozen)
- Stir together cornmeal and seasonings in a shallow dish.
- In separate shallow dish, combine dressing and lemon juice.
- Dip each salmon fillet in Caesar mixture, then dip in cornmeal mixture to coat well on both sides.
- Place on a baking sheet (that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) in single layer.
- Bake at 450 F for 6 to 8 minutes or until fillets flake easily with a fork. Depending on your oven, you may need more or less time. (so keep at eye on the fish).
- ***note*** If using frozen salmon filets, allow to thaw in refridgerator before continuing with recipe.
Great recipe.... Love the cornmeal crunch... New salmon favorite...