Pistachio Crusted Salmon
These are a real treat! There is a pistachio farm not to far from us and they had a recipe for pistachio baked salmon. It sound interesting and I made some adjustments for personal taste.
- Ready In:
- 2 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios, roasted kernels
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place an iron skillet or griddle in the oven and allow to heat while preparing the fish.
- Place the pistachio kernels, pepper and cilantro in the food processor bowl.
- Pulse several times to coarsely chop the nuts.
- Pour mixture into shallow bowl or dish.
- Wash the salmon fillets and pat dry with paper towel.
- Mist or drizzle olive oil lightly on both sides of fish fillets.
- Dip both sides of the fillets in the nut mixture, pressing down slightly.
- Spray the preheated skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place fillets on skillet and mist lightly with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Easy to make & flavorful to a fault, we thought, but then the pistachios I used WERE already seasoned! I followed your recipe, but also added a bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice, something I almost always do with baked salmon! Many thanks for this great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
We got fresh Iranian Pistachios at our local Turkish deli in Pittsburgh. They are wonderful, still green & red inside and I figured I should make something with them. I used this recipe and cut down the cayenne pepper to a pinch & added a little black pepper & salt. I cooked them on olive oil lined aluminum foil with green peppers on the charcoal BBQ & they came out very tasty.