1/1 Photo of Super-Easy Chocolate Ganache or Gelato
You have two choices here: Either refrigerate this as a Ganache and use it to make truffles or to frost cakes, or opt to add a couple more ingredients and turn it into a delicious creamy chocolate Italian ice cream (aka Gelato). Enjoy cocktails? try Morta De Chocolata Gelatini (Death by Chocolate Martini) using the gelato from this recipe. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or Kahlua)
- 1Place heavy cream, butter, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until just simmering and sugar is dissolved.
- 2Remove from heat and add chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir well until smooth and chocolate is melted through.
- 3FOR GANACHE: Let cool, stirring occasionally. When cooled completely, refrigerate until needed. You can make truffles by scooping out little melon-sized balls of ganache and roll in coconut, cocoa powder, or chopped nuts. To make cake icing, beat mixture until thick and creamy, to your desired spreading consistency.
- 4FOR GELATO: Let cool, stirring occasionally. When cooled to room temperature, add eggs and milk, whisking to incorporate. Return to a medium heat and cook, while continuing to stir or gently whisk, until warmed up again.
- 5Remove from heat and let cool, stirring occasionaly. When cooled to room temperature, place in a freezer container and freeze for at least 2 hrs before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super-Easy Chocolate Ganache or Gelato
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.2
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 83.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 42.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g