Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A definite crowd pleaser that is easily doubled.Simple, yet tasty for any occassion,a pair of kitchen scissors will benefit the preparation of this dip that can make a mere saltine, appear as if it is dressed in a tuxedo.Economical and delicious.
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (2 ounce) package dried beef
- do not add salt
- Using kitchen scissors snip green onions(tops only) finely creating onion ribbons anywhere between 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup.Again using scissors, cut the beef, forming ribbons,then cut the beef ribbons with scissors across, forming small squares.Place softened cream cheese and the soup into a mixing bowl and blend for about 2 minutes until creamy. Add snipped onion and blend again 1 minute.with chosen seasoning extras,
- although this dip is also quite good unseasoned as well. Fold in snipped beef with a spoon or fork, DO NOT USE MIXER AT THIS POINT.Chill Your delicious creation for 3-4 hours. Then spread on crackers, pita,whatever.
This is the same dip recipe my sister-in-law gave me years ago. It is so simple and sooo good!