Recipe by BigFatMomma
This is a variation on Nurslinda's Easy Apple Cake (48154), which is insanely good. This version started with a mistake, (I forgot to add the eggs) and just got better.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or more)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Whisk cake mix to remove lumps. Whisk in cinnamon and allspice.
- Stir in apple pie filling, and just enough water to make a smooth batter.
- Spread into pan.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, flour and pecans, and sprinkle evenly over top of apple/cake mix.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, checking after 30 for doneness. Sometimes it takes a bit longer.