1/1 Photo of Super Duper Sweet Potato Salad -- No Mayo!
Modified recipe by Janice Newell, posted May 24, 2012, on the Daily Meal -- All things food & drink!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large sweet potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (freshly ground, a few grinds!)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 large Granny Smith apples (cored and cubed)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans (toasted and chopped coarsely)
- 1In a medium-hot iron skillet, stirring constantly, toast pecans until fragrant ~ be careful they don't burn! Set aside to cool, then chop coarsely.
- 2NOTE: (I microwaved my sweet potatoes in their skins!).
- 3Or ~ Place sweet potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Cover saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook at a low boil until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, transfer to large bowl, and let cool, about 5-10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, maple syrup, mustard, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a bowl. Slowly whisk in canola oil until well blended. Set aside.
- 6Add the apple, dried cranberries, and pecans to the sweet potatoes. Toss gently with the dressing. Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Duper Sweet Potato Salad -- No Mayo!
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 405.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g