Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was in my family forever! We love fish and this recipe is so easy and delicious that if you even don't like fish, you'll love it in this recipe. Serve it with rice, mashed potatoes or just have it with a side of veggies. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs of boneless tilapia fillets or 2 lbs any other fish
- 1 onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking dish
- Coat fillets evenly, and not too thickly, with Mayo.
- (I use my finger to spread it.) Sprinkle evenly with sliced onion.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until done, about 20 minutes.
This is almost exactly the same recipe my bf has. The only difference is he uses paprika and dill instead of onion. It is sooo yummy!
I made this for my "I don't try new things" husband and my 18 month old daughter and all 3 of us LOVED it. I cooked the onions a little before I put them over the fish and seasoned the mayo.
Made with Mahi-Mahi..thick filet, so had to cook for 30 mins. Turned out great!