Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I haven't had a chance to try. When I have tested it, I will make comments or amendments, as necessary. Original poster's comments: "Found this in TOH's Ground Beef Cookbook, made a few changes and here it is. This and my Easy Cheesy Breadsticks make a great meal! I prefer homemade pizza dough, so, I don't use the refrigerated dough like it calls for. Hope you enjoy!"
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- mushroom (these are just my 2 favorites, but use whatever toppings you want, there's many more that can be use)
- 1 (10 ounce) can prepared pizza crust (or one batch any homemade recipe)
- Cook beef until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In saucepan, bring tomato sauce and Italian seasonings to a boil.
- Stir 1/2 cup into the meat, and keep rest warm.
- Roll pizza crust into 12-in square, cut into 4 squares.
- Spread cream cheese over each within 1/2-in of edge.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and toppings of choice.
- Fold dough into triangle; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.
MMmm Yummy! I used a can of prepared pizza crust (next time I will make my own, I think it will add to the flavor) and I didn't use the beef. We had ham and tomato calzones, so the beef didn't really fit in with that. I must say I was very skeptical of the cream cheese, but it tasted wonderful. Maybe it was the crust that I used, but my Calzones were done within 15 minutes. Overall these were very good and my family really enjoyed them. I will be making them again.