Pizza Dough for Pizza or Calzones (Bread Machine)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup lukewarm beer or 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour, sub whole wheat flour as desired
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- cornmeal, for sprinkling
- Place all ingredients except cornmeal into your bread machine according to your manufacturer's directions. For my bread machine it is in the order listed above.
- Once dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a floured surface. Preheat oven to 400°F and roll or stretch dough out into a 12 inch round (medium crust) or several small rounds or a large rectangle. Place pizza on a greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over top of dough. Bake pizza for 10 minutes at 400ºF.
- Remove from oven and cover with toppings. Reduce oven temp to 350ºF and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned.