Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Go New England Patriots! (This one's for you, puppitypup.) If you want less heat, remove the seeds and "ribs" from the jalepeno! I haven't made it yet, but will update when I do. (Reynolds Brands)
- 6 cups cooked turkey or 6 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 31 ounces navy beans, canned and drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put all ingredients into crock pot.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cook on LOW 6-7 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
We liked this, especially the jalapeno that added flavor without making the dish too hot. This recipe isn't what I would consider chili since there's no "sauce", but it's a good way to use up leftover turkey. Thanks Tia!