Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Everywhere I have taken this dish, it's all people talk about! It's the only way I do baked beans anymore! When it's just DH and I, I use only 1 can and 2 quart dish. I hope the measurements are right...I always just eyeball everything! I don't like my baked beans as sweet as most people, so feel free to add more brown sugar to taste! Enjoy!
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans, drained (i buy bush's)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and chopped, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a bowl, combine HALF of the chopped BACON and the french fried onions. Set aside.
- In a greased 13x9 casserole dish, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. (Taste mixture -- you might want more brown sugar or salt/pepper).
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle french fried onion and bacon mixture all over beans. Return to oven and bake 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
As the stars say, WE LIKED THESE baked beans, but the bacon overpowered everything else. Hubby agreed, and he's a bacon lover. The jalapeno and french fried onions were a very nice touch though. Thanks for posting KPD.
Oh my goodness! These beans are to die for! I made these this past weekend for my Labor day BBQ and they were a huge hit. I'm not a big fan of baked beans but I ate A LOT of these. I only had a half package of bacon so none got mixed in, I just used it as topping and they were fantastic. Thanks for the keeper KPD!