Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
an old classic...nice to bring back now and then
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water and add cold water and vinegar.Combine well.
- Then add carrots, pineapple and nuts.if desired.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or until set.
I've been making this salad for years, except I use orange jello and add cold water to the drained pineapple juice to measure 1 cup and I've never tried the vinegar. This has always been well liked.