Recipe by Wendy0
Easy to make, yet quite sophisticated and different. Add powdered sugar or a a glaze topping--or not. My source is an old, disintegrating newspaper clipping.
- 2 large oranges
- 2 large lemons
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- simmer fruit in water to cover for 30 minutes; drain and cool.
- scoop out and discard pulp.
- puree skins in food processor.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until mixture is pale.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to egg mixture alternately with olive oil, finishing with flour.
- fold in walnuts and pureed skins.
- pour into greased 8" springform pan.
- bake @ 350 fro 50 minutes.
- cool on a rack.