Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is made into the shape of a sun and is so cute! I've used it a kid's parties in the summertime and for a brunch and everyone loved the novelty of it!
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, divided in half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Working on the baking sheet roll out crescent rolls and take each triangular piece and form a sunshine.
- You may cut more rays from each piece if you would like.
- Beat 4 oz of the cream cheese and add the sugar and egg yolk.
- Cream the cheese and the added ingredients until well blended.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on each point.
- Once the cream cheese has been spread on the points start twisting each point.
- Alternate twisting the points by twisting one towards the center and then the next one away from the center and so forth until all have been twisted.
- Place the softened remaining 4 oz of cream cheese in the center of the sunshine.
- Bake on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Be sure that the center of the sunshine is done and not doughy.
- Heat the marmalade over medium heat until melted and drizzle over the baked sunshine before serving.