Sunshine Blueberry Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon yogurt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 -5 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line medium muffin pans with paper liners or grease bottoms only.
- For batter, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add blueberries; toss to coat well.
- In small bowl, whisk egg and oil; blend in yogurt and 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly.
- For glaze, combine the remaining lemon zest, powdered sugar and milk in small bowl and mix well.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins.
Join The Conversation
Best recipe I ever made for muffins, I love lemon and so used the fresh juice from my zested lemon instead of milk for making the glaze. It really enhances the blueberry flavor. I also only had fat free vanilla Greek yogurt to use but they turned out perfect, very moist, a bit thicker batter maybe and I filled the 12 cupcake cups up full but they do not cook over at all and come out clean and yummy looking, which they are! Thank you for a great new muffin recipe!