Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very special dish with unique flavors that is simple to make.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh, grated ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup dates
- Heat oil in large skillet over moderate heat.
- Season chicken with salt and fresh-ground pepper.
- When oil is hot, add chicken, cooking till light brown on both sides.
- Add the ginger, orange juice, wine, lime juice, mustard, maple syrup, thyme, and coriander.
- Stir, blending.
- Add sweet potatoes.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add almonds and dates.
I made this recipe for the first time several months ago and still can't get it out of my head! The combination of ingredients is so pleasant to the palate and leaves you wanting more! My whole family gobbled it up and asked for seconds (even my 4 year old son who doesn't like anything). I have made it about three times now and each time it comes out delicious! Thanks for the great recipe it has become a family favorite!
I can't believe that this has not been tried yet! It was a "special guest" type of dish. I followed the recipe ingredients except for the dates, which I love, only because I did not have any on hand. I did alter the cooking method to meet my needs. I wanted to serve it in a very pretty casserole dish, so after browning the chicken(I cut breasts in half), I placed in dish and continued from step four. I then added it all to chicken and place in low oven. Can't wait to make it with the dates and I'm going to try adding more lime. Mirj, this is a real winner!