Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A traditional cold Japanese noodle salad.
- 8 bunches bean thread noodles
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced thinly
- 2 -3 spring onions
- 2 firm tomatoes, seeded and cut in wedges
- 12 -14 cooked shelled shrimp
- 1 carrot, coarsely shredded
- Put the noodles in boiling water and cook until tender.
- Drain for 20-30 minutes.
- Put in big bowl and add rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, salt and sesame seeds.
- Top each portion of salad with a few slices of thinly cut cucumber and spring onions.
- Add a few chunky pieces of seeded tomato, carrot and a few cooked shrimp on top.
- Better the day after; makes more juice.
Delicious! I just made this and it was FANTASTIC! So refreshing and light. I highly recommend this recipe! I did not have sesame seed, so I drizzled a tiny bit of sesame oil over the noodles.
I have used this recipe 3 times over the last year and have never poted a comment. I just couldn't bear to see no comments! Whenever I make this recipe I always make sure to print off some copies as it is always requested! MUST Try it!