1 hr 30 mins
In ‘Paula Deen’s Southern Cooking Bible’
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, mash together the butter, ½ tsp black pepper, the thyme and the paprika.
- 3Sprinkle the chicken inside and out with the salt and the remaining ½ tsp black pepper.
- 4Rub the chicken all over with the butter mixture, spreading it as evenly as possible so the chicken will brown evenly.
- 5Scatter the potatoes, carrots, and garlic in the bottom of a large roasting pan.
- 6Top the vegetables with a roasting rack.
- 7Place the chicken on the rack, breast side up.
- 8Roast, stirring the vegetables occasionally, until the chicken is golden, the thigh juices run clear when pierced with a knife, or the temperature registers 180 degrees in the thigh, about 1 ½ hours.
- 9Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- 10Serve with the vegetables and pan juices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.2
- Calories from Fat 472
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 217.6 mg
- Sodium 1483.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 47.0 g