Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe on a whim and everyone raves about it.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams or 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil (about half of a 7.5 ounce jar)
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted or 2 garlic cloves, raw
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 drops Tabasco sauce or 12 drops hot sauce
- Let most of the oil drip off slices of sun dried tomatoes and place in food processor or blender (a small food processor or chopper works best).
- Reserve extra oil.
- Blend sun dried tomatoes, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce to a smooth and thick paste, adding the reserved olive oil a few teaspoons at a time if necessary to reach the right consistency.
- In separate mixing bowl, mash together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add the sun dried tomato paste mixture and clams.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours to let flavors blend.
- Serve cold with potato chips or crackers.