Recipe by Pat McCardle
Nothing is easier on a hot summer day than this recipe. Only fresh tomatoes, please. It's a hit with everyone who has had it!!! Cook time includes 2 hours to marinate.
Top Review by annheim
DH really liked this. I thought it was just okay. However, when there is a plethora of fresh tomatos in the kitchen, this is an excellent way to use them. Hubby even ate the leftovers cold out of the fridge, and he may have even lickied the bowl!
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, peeled & diced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & minced
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for the table
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb good quality pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients, except the pasta.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- The longer, the better.
- Marinate at room temperature.
- Cook the pasta in salted water until"al dente".
- Drain thouroughly& transfer to a bowl.
- Add the sauce and toss.
- Adjust your seasonings to taste and serve with extra parmesan cheese.
- You may use spaghetti, zitis, shells or rotini.