Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of the best things about summer is fresh veggies. This is a delicious salad without myo so it lasts at outdoor parties. Best to make at least and hour before serving so the veggies can absorb the dressing.
- 1 tablespoon stone ground dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 quart grape tomatoes, cut in half
- In a large bowl, combine all dressing ingredients EXCEPT olive oil.
- while wisking the mixture, stream in olive oil slowly, creating an imulsion.
- Add tomatoes and cucumbers and mix.
- Refreigerate 1 hour before serving.
This one sounded like it would be fabulous but sort of fell short. I was glad to find a recipe that used cucumber and grape tomatoes together, but the dressing on this was just a little off. It was as if the many different flavors were fighting and nothing came out the winner. I will experiment with other salads that use similar ingredients. Thanks so much for posting!