photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 6 medium tomatoes, homegrown and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange tomato slices on a serving dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients mixing well and pour over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours occasionally spooning dressing over tomatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMG I am tomato/cucumber salad heaven. I only wish I had of made more than enough for 5. I did have to change it a wee bit and had to use balsamic vinegar and dried Italian herbs. Used chopped curley leaf paresley and the taste was amazing for something so simple. Thank you for this recipe that I will be making over and over again.
This is pure summer, bursting with flavor fresh from the garden. I could devour a whole platter of these tomatoes and cucumbers without even trying. I used white balsamic vinegar instead of wine vinegar, because that's what I had. Otherwise, I made it true to the recipe. I used the better part of a chunk of bread mopping up the dressing left on the plate after the veggies were gone -- thanks, mydesigirl! Made for PAC Fall 2008.