Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the perfect make ahead and bring with you dish that will serve many people. If you are watching calories you can change a few ingredients below and it will still be a hit. For calorie counters use catalina light dressing instead of western, also use baked Doritos instead of regular, and you can also cut a few more calories by using low fat cheese, this dish is a winner everytime .
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) bag Doritos
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle western salad dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- first brown your turkey meat and after you drain it add taco mix and half a cup of water, mix and set aside to cool.
- next in a large bowl add shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped tomato, chopped green onoin, and olives, mix well.
- when your meat is cooled add it to the mixture and just before you are ready to eat, smash up bag of Doritos and add to mix, also add your western dressing and serve.
- if you are making ahead of time to take with you, keeping the dressing and doritos out of mix until you are ready to eat will make it fresh and crunchy not soggy, good luck and enjoy !
Great ideas to lower the calories in this dish. I have made this often with rave reviews (using Catalina French dressing and full fat everything else, lol). Once I brought it to a party, with the chips on the side. While I was distracted they opened the salad and chips and started eating it like it was a dip! They loved it that way so I didn't correct them. I have used cucumbers, green peppers, thinly sliced carrots in this salad with excellent results.