1/2 Photos of Summer Squash Pizza With Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Another good one from Food and Wine. I made this as part of a party menu and it was very popular. I suggested this to my favorite local restaurant, and they made it a special. F & W reccomended a Sauvignon Blanc to go with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 6 ounces pizza dough
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded part-skim-milk
- 1 teaspoon summer savory, chopped
- 1/4 lb summer squash, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped toasted
- 1Preheat the oven to 500. Preheat a pizza stone.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the minced garlic and let stand.
- 3On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to form a 12-inch round, 1/4 inch thick. Transfer the round to a lightly floured pizza peel.
- 4Leaving a 1/2-inch border of dough, brush the round with the garlic oil and sprinkle with crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper.
- 5Scatter the onion slices over the round; top with the mozzarella and savory.
- 6Arrange the squash slices on top in a single layer, overlapping them slightly.
- 7Dot with the crumbled goat cheese.
- 8Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for about 5 minutes, until the bottom is crisp and the squash is slightly browned. Transfer the pizza to a work surface.
- 9Sprinkle with the walnuts and drizzle with olive oil. Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Squash Pizza With Goat Cheese and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 118.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: