Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty mushroom and steak dish. I found this in a 50's cookbook, and have been making it for a long time. Prep time does not include 2 hours marinating time.
- Brush both sides of steak with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Place in shallow dish and pour Worcestershire over, rubbing to cover all the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, then grill.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until just tender.
- Stir in half and half or cream.
- Bring to boiling, immediately reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Keep warm while grilling steak to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve mushroom sauce with steak.
This was an excellent way to cook boneless top sirloin steak. I don't know if that's what you had in mind for sirloin steak, but that was what was on sale and I searched for a recipe to use. The steak was very tender. I cooked it "medium" on the grill and it was very juicy and tender. When I heat the leftovers (my husband is just having the steak and not the sauce with his breakfast this morning), I will cut the mushrooms smaller and thicken the sauce with a little flour. You certainly have a winner! Thanks for posting.
Fantastic! Simple!! Quick and easy on a hot summer night. I added 2 Tbsp of Mrs. Dash for seasoning with the salt and pepper. The meat tasted like a steakhouse dinner! With redskin potatoes and sweet corn, it was a hit with my entire family. Tender, juicy and very full of flavor, I will do this one for company!
This was a very nice grilled steak. We used a bone-in sirloin and I halved the mushrooms. The recipe is well written and it came together as it should. My husband made kind of a pig of himself with this steak and has requested I make it again.....or maybe I'll make him do it next time? Thanks Mamie for a really good summertime grilled steak idea!