1/1 Photo of Summer Sirloin
Tasty mushroom and steak dish. I found this in a 50's cookbook, and have been making it for a long time. Prep time does not include 2 hours marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brush both sides of steak with olive oil.
- 2Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- 3Place in shallow dish and pour Worcestershire over, rubbing to cover all the meat.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, then grill.
- 5In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- 6Add mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 7Cook for about 5 minutes until just tender.
- 8Stir in half and half or cream.
- 9Bring to boiling, immediately reduce heat.
- 10Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 11Keep warm while grilling steak to desired degree of doneness.
- 12Serve mushroom sauce with steak.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Sirloin
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.5
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 165.7 mg
- Sodium 346.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 45.4 g