Tasty mushroom and steak dish. I found this in a 50's cookbook, and have been making it for a long time. Prep time does not include 2 hours marinating time.
- Brush both sides of steak with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Place in shallow dish and pour Worcestershire over, rubbing to cover all the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, then grill.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until just tender.
- Stir in half and half or cream.
- Bring to boiling, immediately reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Keep warm while grilling steak to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve mushroom sauce with steak.