Recipe by Baby Kato
I just love summer and all the wonderful drinks we use to try and cool down. I hope you enjoy these two very different sangrias. I usually add extra fruit to the sangrias, peach wedges to the Classic Sangria and pear slices to the Summer Sangria.
Top Review by Jostlori
This is a good Sangria - made it for ZWT8 and am sitting at my dining room table sipping it while looking out over the ocean. Soooo relaxing and the sangria is the perfect accompaniment. I followed the recipe for the Classic Sangria, but did add some diced apples because I LOVE the taste of them when they've been steeping in the brew! Thanks, Baby Kato!
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec (or other orange liqueur)
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 2 (750 ml) bottles dry white wine
- 1 (750 ml) bottle club soda, chilled
- 1 cup honeydew melon, balls,or chunks
- 1 cup cantaloupe ball, or chunks
- 1⁄2 cup lemon slice, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lime slice, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange slice, thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberry, whole (no leaves)
- 15 ice cubes
- 750 ml dry red wine
- 6 orange slices, thickly sliced
- 6 lemon slices, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons triple sec (orange liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 750 ml club soda, chilled
- 30 ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Summer Sangria.
- In a large chilled pitcher, combine the sugar, orange liqueur, brandy and white wine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 1/2 hours.
- When ready to serve slowly stir in club soda to taste.
- Add all the fruit and ice cubes and ENJOY.
- Classic Sangria.
- In a large chilled pitcher, combine the red wine, orange and lemon slices, triple sec and brandy with 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Before serving add club soda and ice, taste and adjust sugar or soda as preferred.