Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love salad, especially in the summer using fresh produce from the garden! Summertime means lots of salads, but this is one of my very favorites. It makes a bunch, so throw it together and take it to a friend's, a picnic, or church potluck! Adapted almost exactly from authenticsuburbangourmet.com and posted on What I Ate, which is where I found it.
- 4 ears corn, cooked
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I use orange & red for a little color)
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, finely diced, skin on
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta (can use vegan feta or tofu or try queso fresco cheese)
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar or lime juice would be good too)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook your corn - there are a ton of ways to do this, but the easiest is just to put the oven on 350, and throw the corn in, husks and all. Bake them for 25 minutes, let it cool, and then cut off the very bottom of the corn. You should be able to easily pull off the husks and the silk. I have been known to just use raw fresh corn.
- Cut off the kernels with a large knife, add to a big bowl.
- Chop the avocados, cherry tomatoes, english cucumber, and red onion, then add to the bowl. Add the feta.
- For the vinaigrette, combine the first 5 ingredients (so the seasonings react with the vinegar), then add the cilantro and the olive oil. Shake it up.
- Gently mix all the salad ingredients together. When ready to serve, add the dressing and stir to combine.