Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We absolutely love a summer pasta salad. A great dinner for two or a side salad for four, this is a great way to enjoy clams when you don't want a chowder. You can use fresh clams if you like, I use canned with no apologies! It's less messy...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 16 ounces pasta, about the size of the clams
- 1 -2 small zucchini, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 -2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped for garnish
- Cook a box of pasta, drain and set aside. I choose to use a pasta that is similar in size to the clams.
- Add olive oil to a hot dutch oven or a pan large enough to hold all ingredients. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the diced zucchini and garlic cooking until zucchini is nicely browned, stir frequently.
- Add clams with liquid, parsley and basil. Turn off heat. Add tomato, lemon zest and juice. Add pasta to mixture. Mix well and serve.