1/5 Photos of Summer Herb Dip (German)
*Sommerlicher Krauter-Dip* in German, this recipe is from *Modern German Food* by Roz Denny. A colorful veggie mixture including cucumber sticks, carrot sticks, radishes, yellow & green bell pepper sticks & young celery stalks was suggested to accompany this herbed dip. *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g Quark (may use cream cheese per Note #1)
- 140 g low-fat yogurt (see Note #2)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint (chopped, may use coriander)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1Mix quark & yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add next 7 ingredients (garlic thru lemon juice).
- 2Mix well, taste & season w/salt & pepper to pers pref. Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hrs b4 serving.
- 3NOTE #1: I confess I have not used Quark as an ingredient & do not know if I can get it here in Iceland. However, Roz said "Quark makes a quick light dip & has fewer calories than richer cream cheese." Taking this cue from her, my assumption is cream cheese may be used as an alternative to quark.
- 4NOTE #2: As written the recipe offered a choice of using single cream OR low-fat yogurt. I opted for the latter, but the former may be your choice. Feel free. :-).
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Herb Dip (German)
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 19.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: