Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fresh, vibrant flavours.
Make and share this Summer Green Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Spread the pine nuts in a dry, heavy skillet.
- Toast over medium heat, shaking the pan, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Add the beans and cook over medium-high heat until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and refresh under cold water; drain.
- In a medium pan, heat 2 tblsps of the oil.
- Add the shallots and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until caramelized, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and reduce by half, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Scrape the contents of the pan into a large bowl.
- Whisk in the mustard and the remaining 4 tblsps of olive oil.
- Add the green beans, scallions, dill and lemon zest and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- The salad can be made up to 3 hours ahead.
- Keep covered at room temperature.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve.
One of my new favorite recipes! What a perfect flavor combination, and love the vinegar reduction.
Oh my goodness, is this ever delicious! I used one third the olive oil. The balance of flavors is so perfect in this.
If I could, I'd give this ten stars. The carmelization of the shallots and then the vinegar reduction is simply brilliant! Because of what I had on hand, I used sherry vinegar and cilantro instead of dill and served my lovely beans (from the organic farm) over baby greens and herbs. Fantastic! I will be making this over and over again.