- 4 ears corn, husked and cleaned
- 5 -6 basil leaves
- 1 medium sweet onions or 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil (to taste)
- 8 -10 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove corn kernels from cob by placing the edge of a sharp, wide-edged knife against the kernel and slicing from top to bottom (hold corn upright, flat end down).
- Boil water in a small saucepan; add kernels and cook for about 30 seconds. Drain over a strainer and rinse with cold water.
- Mix corn and the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl, tasting for spices.
- Can be made ahead; keeps for one day covered in the refrigerator.