Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tasty twist on traditional cole slaw. It's great for a summer bbq, but would work well all year long. Easy to make, too. :) It's simple to double this, and can't be all that bad for you--especially if you use lights sour cream. Hope you enjoy.
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 3 green apples, cored and diced (not peeled)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- salt and pepper
- For the dressing: Whisk sour cream, sugar, vinegar, and ranch seasoning in large bowl until blended.
- Add the cabbage, apples, green onions and celery.
- Toss with dressing to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 20 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Serve cold.
Awesome slaw! Made it to accompany bbq chicken and it was a hit! Made exactly to recipe, and it turned out wonderful! Thanks!
Great coleslaw but IMHO needed some red wine vinegar. I added some and it was perfect.
I have been making this exact recipe since I was a kid. I always have to double it for our family events, but it is ALWAYS request and I never have left overs. The closest I can say about this, is for anyone who remembers waldorf salads, its like that w/ coleslaw. Tart/sweet & yummy!