I found the basis for this recipe on All Recipes.com, posted there by Jani. I liked the idea but felt it needed some changes to fit my family's taste. It's a sweet, pumpkin pie spiced flavor with a hint of salt that we really enjoyed. I'm posting my version here for safe keeping because we all want to make this again next year.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- On foil lined cookie sheet (I fold up all four sides of foil to form a lip so they don't slide off), spread out seeds in a single layer.
- Toast in oven for 45-50 minutes, stirring several times until seeds are dry & starting to brown.
- When seeds are toasted, melt butter in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add seeds & 2 Tablespoons of the sugar. Stir until sugar is melted. About 1 minute.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the remaining 3 Tablespoons of sugar with the salt & pumpkin pie spice.
- Add pumpkin seeds from skillet to mixing bowl & stir until coated.
Ohhhhhhhh, mama!!! My daughter and I made these tonight and wow, were we delighted with the results! Thanks for a super scrumptious treat that will be a new fall tradition at our house, Tinkerbell!
these were super yummy! you could still taste the pumpkin seed even through the sugar/spice. mmm will make again :)