Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great on chicken and turkey cooked with mesquite wood.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Let cool then pour mixture into an electric blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate sauce up to one month.
I used this sauce on chicken that I cooked on the pit and found it to be very tasty and finger lickin' good.