Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I couldn't find a good recipe for sugar free sweet pickles anywhere on the internet, so I combined a bunch of different recipes and added a couple twists of my own. These are ready to eat in 3 days but taste better if allowed to sit for 7 days.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole mixed pickling spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 -4 cucumbers (depending on their size)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
- 2 cups white vinegar, 5% acidity
- Put the salt and spices in the jar. Add layers of cucumber chunks and onions. Fill to within 1/2 inch of the top. Mix vinegar and Splenda. Pour over cucumbers and onions to cover. You may need a little more of the Splenda Vinegar mix to cover the vegetables if they aren't packed tightly in the jar. Add lid and ring and shake to distribute the spices and salt. Refrigerate for 7 days, shaking jar for a few seconds each day. These will keep for at least 4 months in the refrigerator.