Ice Cream Pail Pickles (Bread & Butter Pickles)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The recipe came from an old friend many years ago. Easy to make, tastes great, everyone likes them, In the summer you want them at most meals & they go great with your BBQ.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 sliced cucumbers, approx 3/16 inch thick
- 2 sliced red onions, approx 3/16 inch thick (for Color)
- Fill ice cream pail 3/4 full of sliced cucumbers and red onions.
- Mix ingredients together and then pour into ice cream pail.
- Mix everything together, stir a couple times a day for 2 days.
- Store in the fridge.
- Lasts a month or more.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION